Even if you’re not quite in the “new year, new me” mode, January is a great time to start building new productivity habits and better processes for your team.
x.ai makes it easy to streamline your calendar so you and your team can be intentional about how you’re spending time.
Today, we’re introducing a new account-level preference to set daily or weekly limits for all of your meetings. This global setting works alongside the max meetings by type setting on your meeting templates.
Now, you can set daily and weekly limits for specific types of meetings, as well as the overall number of meetings you do. With these new levels of control, you can design your days and weeks and optimize your time.
Limit Your Daily or Weekly Meetings
When you customize your scheduling defaults, you now have the option to set the global maximum number of meetings you want to do in a given day or week. You can choose from the suggestions or type in your own number.
This account-level preference applies to all of your meetings scheduled with x.ai, across all of the calendars you have connected to x.ai, allowing you to streamline your days and weeks to ensure you have time for focus activities.
Pro Tip: Upgrade to any x.ai premium plan and connect unlimited calendars to create a complete picture of your availability. You can also easily route meeting invites to any of your connected calendars.
You can also set daily and weekly maximums for your meeting templates. As you set your max meeting limits, be sure to keep an eye on the personalized Calendar Insights on your account home page to see how much of your time is spent doing focus vs. collaborative work — a.k.a. time spent in and out of meetings.
What Happens When You Hit Your Limit
When you hit your daily or weekly limit for the global max number of meetings, x.ai will stop offering availability for the remaining day or week. Your guests will only see time options on days or weeks in the future, depending on your settings.
You can continue to schedule meetings as usual and x.ai will notify you if a meeting you’re trying to schedule exceeds your daily or weekly limit. With one click, you can choose to “Book it anyway” and move forward with the meeting.
Tips to Customize Your Max Meeting Settings
If you’re someone who is looking to ensure a certain amount of focus time in your day or week and you’re agnostic of the types of meetings you do, we recommend using the Global Max Meetings setting.
However, some types of professionals and teams may find they need a more nuanced approach that pairs meeting template settings with global account settings as well.
Max Meeting Settings for Engineers, Designers, and Creatives
Engineers, designers, creative talent, and other makers often prefer to have longer distraction-free blocks of time for their focus work.
For these types of people, we recommend pairing strict scheduling hours with a max number of meetings per week.
Max Meeting Settings for Sales and Account Executives
Even the most committed sales people can’t spend 100 percent of their time doing demo calls. You need time for follow-ups and clarification meetings to move the sales process forward.
To solve this, set maximums on your demo meeting templates (5 per day) and your follow-up templates (5 per day), along with a global meeting limit of max 20 meetings per week. This way, you’re preserving availability for the two most important meetings you do while still ensuring time for other development and nurture activities.
For larger teams, the VP of Sales will often apply these settings on your behalf using a set of Round Robin team calendars.
Pro Tip: Need help integrating x.ai into your team’s workflow? Set up time to chat with our Solutions experts.
Max Meeting Settings for Founders and Entrepreneurs
Founders and entrepreneurs have to balance the demands of building their company, as well as talking about the company to investors, early employees, etc. Typically, in an early-stage startup, you want to spend 60% of your week “doing” and the remaining 40% planning and networking.
Every founder’s work week is different, so we usually recommend doing a calculation to determine the ideal max meeting target:
Weekly hours worked / Average duration of meeting = Total available meeting slots
If you usually work 50 hours per week and your average meeting duration is 30 minutes, you have 100 potential slots per week. From there, you should set a global max meeting weekly limit of 60.
Max Meeting Settings to Support Individual Contributors
Burnout is a real concern for anyone managing individual contributors. As people managers, you can implement a culture that has your employees set max meetings per week to ensure they also have time for focus work. This makes it socially acceptable to “decline” a meeting, given there are no available times.
If you find there is less and less availability, this can be a good signal that you may need to hire more people.