At x.ai, we believe everyone deserves a helpful artificial intelligence assistant to give you back the hours spent in meeting scheduling ping-pong. We are building AI personal assistants (Amy and Andrew) that schedule meetings for you. This is a yet unsolved problem within AI, and a formidable technical challenge.
Our team has spent over 3 years building powerful, fundamental technology to allow us to solve the meeting scheduling problem. While we’ll always be working to make Amy and Andrew smarter, our next big challenge is scaling, to make them available to everyone in the world.
You are a high-energy Associate Designer who’s ready to think through UI design challenges, build and test prototypes, and lead the x.ai visual design language across multiple properties. You are excited about the product we’re building and can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and commit your skills and perspective.
You are the type of person who enjoys building effective and delightful user experiences, and have the UI skills to take designs from concept to creation. You notice the details but also understands the big picture of a design system.
You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful and hard-working team tackling a very difficult problem.
About the Role
You’ll be working with the product, technology, and marketing teams to design thoughtful features and improvements for multiple digital channels (both internal and external facing).
- Collaborate and partner with product managers and developers across teams
- Design interaction workflows, wireframes, and prototypes with business objectives and technical limitations in mind
- Designing landing pages, ad campaigns, and interactive data visualizations.
- Receive feedback and provide feedback and input for direction on design and projects
- Understand and constantly integrate research data into your design concepts
- Researching and incorporating best practices and emerging trends in digital design.
- Develop and maintain UI systems, style guides and templates across multiple digital properties
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital design
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge of and passion for visual and UI design
- Firm knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch and Invision.
- Working understanding of CSS, HTML, and responsive breakpoints
- Familiar with conversion optimization and A/B testing concepts a plus
- Critical thinking and ability to see long-term
- Self-managed and flexible paid time off - vacation & sick time
- Solid Healthcare
- Gym membership on us
- Team outings, both near and far
- Collaborative work spaces
- Weekly catered team dinners and a steady flow of coffee & beer
- Your own personal assistants, Amy and Andrew