At x.ai, we believe everyone deserves a helpful artificial intelligence assistant to give you back the hours spent in meeting scheduling ping-pong. We are building AI personal assistants (Amy and Andrew) that schedule meetings for you. This is a yet unsolved problem within AI, and a formidable technical challenge.
Our team of linguists, data scientists, AI trainers, interaction designers, and engineers has spent over 3 years building powerful, fundamental technology to allow us to solve the meeting scheduling problem. While we’ll always be working to make Amy and Andrew smarter, our next big challenge is scaling, to make them available to everyone in the world.
You are an enthusiastic engineer who brings with you the experiences you’ve learned building distributed systems in at least one of your previous roles. You care about the system, not the specific languages or technologies used to build it. You have garnered good judgement and formidable persistence in the face of challenges, always pushing forward to improve the technology in measured steps. You’ve failed and made mistakes, and you’ve learned from those mistakes, giving you invaluable tools for decision making on your future challenges.
You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful group of engineers tackling a very difficult problem.
- Build and deploy highly available services and system components that will stand up to rapid growth in the coming years
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of new features and system components
- Articulate capacity and monitoring plans for the services you work on
- Deliver maintainable, well-tested code
- Partner with, teach and learn from other engineers
- Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI system
- Experience working on distributed systems with 24/7 availability
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties
- Experience building APIs engineers love to use
- Bonus: experience with Machine Learning, Python, MongoDB, Scala, Node.js, AWS, Linux/Unix
- Self-managed and flexible paid time off - vacation & sick time
- Solid Healthcare
- Gym membership on us
- Team outings, both near and far
- Collaborative work spaces
- Weekly catered team dinners and a steady flow of coffee & beer
- Your own personal assistants, Amy and Andrew